fingerless mitts




I have been crocheting up a storm lately!  Pretty much everyone I know will be getting a crocheted gift of some sorts.  Most will be getting toques since until recently that was the only thing I knew how to make!  (My favourite pattern can be found here)  But last night that all changed when I came up with my own fingerless mittens pattern.  I had done some looking on Pinterest and the web but couldn't find a simple one that I really liked so I took bits from different patterns and came up with a very simple pattern that I thought I'd share!


ch - chain
sc - single crochet
sl st - slip stitch

hook used - 5 mm
yarn used - Patons ColorWul

ch 20 (or until the chain reaches around your four fingers).
sl st ends together.
sc in each stitch around continuing until the rectangle measures about 1.5-2 inches.
ch 6, skip 4 stitches on the rectangle then continue to sc in every stitch around.
Once you get back to where you did the ch 6 skip every other stitch for three stitches then continue to sc in each stitch.
sc in every stitch until you are happy with the length of your mitt.
tie off the ends, weave in the tail and cut it if necessary.
sc in each stitch around the thumb until it measures about 0.5-1 inch.

weave in all the ends and trim the tails if necessary, slip on your beautiful new mitts and admire how freaking gorgeous they are!

**this pattern is for personal use only**

No comments:

Post a Comment