week 1: homemade granola






This is the first post in my weekly series of "Create", posts that will be things I have made by hand or am in the process of making. Enjoy!

Last night I made granola.  My mom made some delicious granola over the Christmas break and I just ran out so I decided to make some more!  It was super easy and fun to pick what I was going to put in it.

Recipe:
3 cups of oats
3 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon
¼ cup of oil
⅓ cup of honey
1 tsp of vanilla
handfuls of nuts and dried fruit

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients [with the exception of the nuts and fruit] in a measuring cup.
Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and combine until the oat mixture is completely covered (might be helpful to use your hands)
Spread out over a cookie sheet with sides and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (until the oats are a golden brown)
Mix the granola, try to flip it over so it bakes evenly and let it continue to bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Let granola cool on the pan, mixing occasionally.
Pour granola into a mixing bowl and add the nuts and dried fruit.
Store in airtight containers and enjoy for days and days to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment